Time: 50 Serves: 6
Delicious muffins to enjoy for breakfast or as a quick energy snack
- DRY INGREDIENTS BOWL:
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup Nuzest Just Natural or Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- WET INGREDIENTS BOWL:
- 1 very ripe large banana, mashed
- 1 vegan flax egg
- 1 tbsp almond or ABC butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir everything to combine and set aside.
- Add all wet ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to over mix
- Line a muffin tray with muffin papers. Spray with a little bit of cooking oil and spoon in muffin batter evenly.
- Optional: Mix a little cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of muffins before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 17-20 mins. When a skewer comes out clean, your muffins are done.
- Remove from baking tray after 5 mins and set on a cooling rack.