Looking for ways to get more protein into your child’s diet? Try these delicious banana and date protein muffins, packed with Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 serves Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff
- 1 cup-soaked pitted dates
- 2 x flax eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Good pinch of salt
- Coconut flakes to top
- To make the flax eggs, combine 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Stir well and leave it to the side for 20 minutes.
- Cover the dates in boiling water and leave for 20 minutes.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl, then add in the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Drain the pitted dates and add to the mixture along with the flax eggs and milk. Stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 lined muffin moulds and top with coconut flakes.
- Bake at 180C for 30minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
These are best served warm with some dairy free butter!