Time: 30 Serves: 4
These zesty pancakes are a great way to start your day. High in protein
- 1 egg
- 1 serve Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- ¾ cup gluten free self-raising flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tbsp coconut or raw sugar
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or extract
- coconut oil (for frying)
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to evenly distribute.
- Add milk and egg in to the bowl and whisk everything until just combined and smooth. Mixture will be thick, but should easily drop from a spoon. If not, add a little more milk.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium high with a little coconut oil. Drop large spoonfuls of mixture into a pan.
- Cook on one side until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then turn and cook the other side for about 1-2 minutes. Spray a little coconut oil on the pan between each pancake batch.
- Serve with wedges of lemon and coconut sugar, or drizzled with maple syrup. Makes about 6 large pancakes.