Time: 40 Serves: 6
This plant-based protein burger is as close to the real thing as they come. We bet you won’t be able to tell the difference!
- FOR THE BURGER PATTY:
- 6 portobello mushrooms, chopped roughly into small pieces
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 200g over cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 serve Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbs hulled tahini
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 tsp lemon or lime zest
- A few sprigs of thyme leaves
- A small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- FOR THE REST OF THE BURGER:
- 6 seeded wholemeal burger buns (or GF buns for a GF option)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 can sliced beetroot
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 6 slices vegan cheese
- Spinach or lettuce leaves
- Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to a large pan and heat the mushrooms and thyme on medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Fry the mushrooms until their liquid has evaporated and they are slightly browned and then turn the pan off and transfer the mushrooms to a bowl to cool.
- Drain the cannellini beans and blitz them in a food processor with the dates, garlic, parsley, tahini and tamari, pulsing until the mixture is relatively smooth.
- Transfer the bean mix to a large mixing bowl and add the rice, protein, lemon zest and mushrooms. Mix until combined.
- Cover the mixture and leave to settle in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 230C and prepare to get messy!
- Using your hands, divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape into your burger patties. Place the patties onto a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until brown. If you like cheese, place a slice of vegan cheese on top of the patty for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Cut the buns in half and toast them lightly whilst preparing your burger toppings.
- Smear ketchup (try our homemade tomato ketchup) on both sides of the bun and fill with all ingredients.
Recipe by Eleanor Good.
Looking to buy Clean Lean Protein ?
Select your location: