Time: 40 Serves: 6
Simple and delicious muffins, high in protein. Can be made gluten free
- 1 large egg
- 200ml low fat milk
- 2 tbsp flavourless oil
- ¼ cup cooked spinach, chopped
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
- ½ cup wholemeal flour + ½ cup plain flour
- ½ serve Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 210°C (200°C fan bake) with the rack just below the middle
- Add eggs and milk to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add oil, spinach, cottage cheese, feta and herbs to combine.
- In a separate bowl, all all dry ingredients and stir a few times to evenly distribute.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. The mixture will be lumpy and should drop from a spoon easily. Add a little more milk if mixture seems a little dry.
- Spoon into 6 greased muffins tins & bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown & a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven & leave to cool in their pans for 2-3 minutes before tipping out & cooling on a rack.