These Ginger-bread men are the perfect holiday baking activity to keep the kids occupied!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 serve Kids Good Stuff Rich Chocolate
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour
- Enough water to make a thick paste
1. To make the flax egg – mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water, leave for 20 minutes.
2. Combine the almond meal, Kids Good Stuff, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add in the flax egg and rice malt syrup. Stir well.
4. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead until it is smooth.
5. Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper until it’s 0.5cm thick.
6. Cut the dough into gingerbread shapes using a gingerbread cutter and place onto a lined baking tray.
7. To make the white decoration, combine the gluten free flour and water to make a thick paste.
8. Using a zip lock bag filled with the white paste, cut a small corner off the bag and squeeze onto the gingerbread men to make their faces.
9. Bake for 8-10min at 180C.